8 Skinny Super Bowl Tips
Don’t Gamble With Your Diet On SUPERBOWL
Hot wings, chili and nachos, oh my! Super Bowl Sunday is the second largest food-consumption day, following only Thanksgiving. Use these 8 SUPER tips to survive.
- Intercept high calorie dishes. Bring your own “diet friendly” versions that you can eat until the final touchdown.
- Know the stats. 100 calories on Super Bowl looks like:
- 2 Small Buffalo Wings
- 1 Large Chicken Wing
- 20 Planters Peanuts
- 20 Mini Pretzels
- 9 Tostitos Tortilla Chips
- 1 1/3 Cup Salsa
- 5 Hershey Kisses
- 29 M&M’s, Plain
- 1 Loaded Beef Nacho
- 8oz Budweiser Beer
- Pick your seat wisely. Try not to sit in front of your most tempting foods. We eat with our eyes.
- Get off the bench. It’s so nice if your hubby offers to make you a plate, but you’ll likely make better selections if you serve yourself.
- Utilize the under- the under-sized portions that is. You don’t need to load up your plate as if it were your last supper. Just take a little bit of your favorites and fill up one plate, ONE time.
- Make it special. Why fill up on tortilla chips you can buy at any store at any time when shrimp cocktail is much more special.
- Don’t starve yourself the day of the party. You’ll just end up overeating later. Just eat less to save calories for the party.
- Beat the odds. When you get to the party, scan the spread before digging in. Figure out your food game plan so you can beat the odds (odds, get it?).