30 Calorie Cabbage Soup in honor of St. Patrick’s Day!
This recipe kills two birds with one stone: St. Patrick’s Day is on Sunday and swim suit season is around the corner! Eat this soup in place of lunch and/or dinner for a few days and I’m betting you’ll be very happy at your next weigh in!
WEIGHT WATCHERS ZERO POINT CABBAGE SOUP
• 3 cups nonfat beef broth (or chicken or vegetable broth if you prefer)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 2 cups chopped cabbage
• 1⁄2yellow onion
• 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
• 1⁄2 cup green beans
• 1⁄2 cup chopped zucchini yellow or green
• 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
• 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
• salt & pepper
1. Spray pot with nonstick cooking spray. Saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano, and Salt & Pepper to taste.
3. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zucchini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
4. I have tried different variations. Put in the veggies you like!
5. You can freeze the soup into individual portions. Will keep in fridge for 4 days.
(note: if you don’t want to break out a pot and watch the stove, throw all ingredients into a slow cooker for 4 hours on low)
• Serving Size: 6-8 cups
• Calories: 30.1 per cup
• Sugar: 2.8g
• Sodium: 192.8mg
• Fat: .1g
• Saturated Fat: 0
• Unsaturated Fat: 0mg
• Trans Fat: 0mg
• Carbohydrates: 5.3g
• Fiber: 1.5g
• Protein: 2.7g