Skinny Recipe: Skinny Meatloaf
This is a super-simple recipe with very little cleanup. Now that’s the way I like it! Serves 5
- Nonstick spray
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup low-sugar apricot, strawberry or grape jelly
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or extra lean beef (such as Laura’s Lean Beef)
- ¼ cup chopped onion (I buy this already chopped to avoid running mascara)
- ½ cup chopped carrot (I buy this as part of the chopped onion mixture)
- ¼ cup instant oats
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon low-sugar apricot, strawberry or grape jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a loaf pan with nonstick spray
- To make the meatloaf, combine the ketchup, jelly, turkey or extra lean beef, onion, carrot, oats, egg substitute, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer the mixture to the pan and smooth the top with a spoon.
- To make the topping, mix the ketchup and jelly in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the loaf
- Bake the meatloaf for 50 minutes, or until the top is browned and the meatloaf is cooked through.
P.S.- You can also make this in a muffin pan.
205 calories, 6.7 grams fat, 20.5 grams protein, 1.2 grams fiber.