Skinny Recipe: Easiest Cashew Chicken, Ever!
This meal is as delicious as a dish at P.F. Chang’s, but since the chicken is stir fried in a skillet covered with cooking spray instead of oil, it is diet friendly! For even fewer calories, try it with shrimp in place of chicken. Serves 6.
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless chicken breast, cubed (you can buy it from frozen already cubed, too)
- 1 bag (12oz) frozen Asian vegetables, blanched (see below)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup light Asian sesame dressing (I like Newman’s Own)
- 1 100-calorie bag of cashews (1/2 cup)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook cubed chicken 5 min. or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Add blanched vegetables. Cook 1 min. or until heated. Stir in hoisin sauce and dressing. Cook 1 min. Just before serving, stir in cashews.
Calories per serving: 284. Protein 28 g. Carb 17g. Fiber 2g. Fat 11g.
The secret to crisp stir-fry vegetables? Blanching! Briefly submerge veggies in boiling water until they brighten in color, (which can be in as little as 30 sec), then remove and shock in ice water to prevent overcooking. Add to dish during last minutes of cooking.